Bio-Active 14311 Commercial Strength Cyanuric Acid Reducer assists in maintaining proper cyanuric acid levels. Cyanuric acid is added to swimming pools to stabilize chlorine levels. Without it, chlorine would rapidly degrade when exposed to the suns ultraviolet rays. Cyanuric acid is also known as conditioner or chlorine stabilizer. Cyanuric Acid builds up over time, thru adding tablets and certain kinds of shock. When your pool has too much cyanuric acid, the free chlorine isn't able to function as an adequate sanitizer. The only way to previously reduce the amount of CYA in a pool was to drain and refill the pool, wasting water and other chemicals put into the water. Bio-Active reduces CYA levels without the need for draining the pool. It does this by using Active Microbial Cultures to break the CYA molecules down into its basic form molecules. Bio-Active Cyanuric Acid Reducer does exactly what it says on the bag, decreasing cyanuric acid to an optimal point so your chlorine can function as efficiently as possible.
- Total Free Chlorine should be at 5ppm or less.
- Water temperature should be at or above 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ensure the pH is between 7.2/7.8 to receive accurate readings.
- Pour the contents of this pouch directly into the skimmer while the pump is running. Continue running the pump for four hours.
- Thereafter, run the pump at least 4 hours per day for the next week.
The product will operate for up to 10 days. Always ensure that adequate sanitizer levels are maintained in your water.