Natural Chemistry's CYA Removal Kit (Cyanuric Acid) 07431 assists in maintaining proper cyanuric acid levels in two simple steps. Step 1 neutralizes the chlorine level to the ideal range before adding Step 2, which removes CYA with bioactive organic compounds. Step 2 treats up to 25,000 gallons of pool water with CYA (Cyanuric Acid) levels up to 150ppm.
Cyanuric acid is added to swimming pools to stabilize chlorine levels. Without it, chlorine would rapidly degrade when exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays. Cyanuric acid is also known as conditioner or chlorine stabilizer. Cyanuric Acid builds up over time, through adding tablets and certain kinds of shock. When the pool has too much cyanuric acid, the free chlorine isn't able to function as an adequate sanitizer. The only way to previously reduce the amount of CYA in a pool was to drain and refill the pool, wasting water and other chemicals put into the water. Natural Chemistry's CYA Removal Kit reduces CYA levels without the need for draining the pool. It does this by using bioactive organic compounds to break the CYA molecules down into its basic form molecules.
- Total Free Chlorine should be at 3ppm or less.
- Water temperature should be at or above 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ensure the pH is between 7.2/7.8 to receive accurate readings.
- With the pool circulation pump running, pour the required amount of Step 1 around the perimeter of the pool evenly. Let circulate for 4 hours and test the chlorine levels to ensure it is in the proper range before adding Step 2.
- Pour the contents of the Step 2 pouch directly into a warm bucket of water and let sit for a minimum of 4 hours. Do not leave unattended and keep the mixture out of the reach of children. Then add the mixture to the skimmer while the pump is running. Continue running the pump for four hours.
- Thereafter, run the pump at least 4 hours per day for the next week.
- The the product will operate for up to 10 days. Always ensure that adequate sanitizer levels are maintained in your water.