Water Balancers - Used to raise and lower pH, Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, and Cyanuric Acid.
- pH Increaser- Sodium carbonate used to raise pH levels in pools. If after testing you find that the pH is low or below 7.2 on the pH scale, add pH Increaser at a rate of 1 lb per 10,000 gallons every 4 hours, re-testing before adding additional product. pH Increaser is added to a bucket of water to dilute before pouring it around the perimeter of the pool with the circulation system running.
- pH Reducer - Sodium Bisulfate used to lower pH and Total Alkalinity levels in pools and spas. In an above-ground spa/hot tub environment muriatic acid isn’t used. So if you have high pH in your spa or hot tub, use pH Reducer. Add pH Reducer at a rate of 1-1/2 lbs per 10,000 gallons every 4 hours, re-testing before adding additional product. pH Reducer is added to the spa after being diluted with water.
- Alkalinity Increaser - Sodium bicarbonate is used for raising Total Alkalinity levels. If after testing you find that the Total Alkalinity is low below 80 ppm, add Alkalinity Increaser at a rate of 1-½ lbs per 10,000 gallons every 4 hours, re-testing before adding additional product (expect approximately 10 ppm lift in Total Alkalinity). Alkalinity Increaser is added to the pool/spa around the perimeter with the circulation system running.
- Water Hardness Increaser - Calcium Chloride is used to increase the calcium hardness level in pools. In the event that your calcium hardness is lower than 200 ppm, it’s suggested to add Water Hardness Increaser - Calcium hardness increaser. Water Hardness Increaser is added at a rate of 5 lbs per 10,000 gallons, raising the hardness level 40 ppm.
If the cyanuric acid level in the pool/spa is lower than desired, the chlorine consumption in the pool/spa will be rapid and costly. So make sure to add either the liquid conditioner or granular conditioner to maintain sufficient cyanuric acid levels. Add Water Stabilizer & Conditioner at a rate of 1-⅔ lbs. For every 10,000 gallons which will raise CYA level approximately 30 ppm. Adding one gallon of Instant Conditioner will raise the CYA level approximately 30 ppm for every 10,000 gallons as well.
- Water Stabilizer & Conditioner- Cyanuric Acid often referred to as conditioner or stabilizer, is a chlorine protectant, designed to protect the chlorine molecules in your pool from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays.
At PoolSupplyWorld, we only carry the highest quality water balancers so you know you’re getting an exceptional product at the best price. When you buy water balancers from us, they’ll provide your water with the correct amount of adjustment to keep your pool and spa properly balanced. Safe and healthy water is easily attainable with water balancers from Pool Supply World.
- The lowest recommended CYA (cyanuric acid) level in a chlorine pool is 30ppm. The lowest recommended CYA (cyanuric acid) level for saltwater chlorinated pools is 60ppm.